Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Sunday










Awake and you think you're late for work so you leave in a rush, out the door, to the train and there's no one around...fuck, its Sunday.

Go home get back in bed, fall asleep and the phone rings, it's your boss, yelling that you missed the morning meeting, "it's Monday where the hell are you?"
It's Sunday, what are you talking about?
Sunday? Then why am I at work? Why is everybody at work and just out of the meeting you just missed where they were wondering where you were? I can smell your shit from here! Get your ass off the bowl, dressed and in to work, now!

Fuck, did I sleep through all of Sunday? Did I just waste my Sunday sleeping? 
Fuck!!! Ginny's gonna be so pissed...fuck!!!

Making his way to the train station few people are out. Those that were seem to be dressed for Sunday. Shorts, flip-flops and all. Something's wrong. Phone rings. The girl..."Babe", it's not good when she says babe, "babe where are you?" I, I'm going to work. Why? You didn't tell me you had to work on Sunday.
I didn't? 
Ah, no...are you really going to work? Did your boss just call you in cause you never told me you were going to work on Sunday after we made plans to meet Ginny & Carl at Shell Beach so Mr Scumbag, your boss, I mean must have just called you cause if he had called you earlier in the morning you would have called me to disappoint me again but you didn't call me so he must have just called you, still disappointing me, is that right?
Ginny....
yes babe...
Ginny, is today Sunday?.....
wow that's a long silence. 
Did you go out drinking last night and forget what's most important in your life...? What is most important in your life David, do I need to remind you? 
No Ginny...she hangs up...

Standing at the edge of the curb as one would prepared to jump a cliff...
A horrible stench arose to assault his sense of smell. A viscid spectrum colored fluid hurled from the sewer nearby, tendrils of color, never mixing, reached across the asphalt to inundate the street. Hands gently touched his back and pushed him forward into the fluid smothering the light and breath from him, becoming black. He gasped and bolted up from under the covers back in his bed...

Looking at the wall across from his bed dancing light refracted through an object in the room produced a large distorted rainbow that straddled across wall and ceiling. The rainbow moved erratically, as he turned his head to look for the source of refraction and realized...and realized... Looked in the mirror and there it was, the rainbow, emanating from a point on the back of his head, a peacocks plumage in full bloom of light and eyespots, black holes where colors settled into a gathering flow around the edge then fell into the eyespots, dragging the whole of the rainbow and him into the warmth of its blackness...

And there was nothing, for a moment...

Knees held to chest with his arms he came to know himself, floating fetal, caressed by the blackness that had become a firmament... She whispered to him, filling his senses with hers and said...loosen the ties.. and he melted to become one with the nascent blackness around him then bursting into existence, light & sound and the rainbow appeared to him again, this time within...

Throwing the covers off, she turned to him and said, I love you...



No comments:

Post a Comment